Terms & Conditions
Idka Service Terms & Conditions – Idka AB
Highlights from terms & conditions
- Idka AB is a Swedish company based in Stockholm operating under the laws of Sweden. The company operates the collaborative social media platform “Idka”. Scandinavian trustworthiness!
- In order to create an account and use the Service, you will have to consent to the Idka Service Terms & Conditions. It is easy – we do not ask for much at all!
- The foundation of Idka is privacy. Your privacy is important to us – and this is for real. Express yourself freely! Your social space is private!
- Our intellectual property philosophy is simple – you own your own content, and we own ours. No shared copyright!
- Idka undertakes not to knowingly, willingly or intentionally expose your information related to your account to other services; or cause, prompt or promote dissemination or sharing of your content. You control the sharing!
- Idka will be funded by subscription revenue, and will not earn money on advertising or selling of user meta-data. No advertising!
- You have the right to be forgotten. You may delete materials, posts and chats. You may delete your account at any time. Delete is for real – your data will disappear for ever!
- Idka provides the Service and the Website “as-is” and “as available”. Sorry – no warranties!
- You are not allowed to misuse the Service, use it for commercial transactions or unlawful activities; or upload or disseminate materials that are unlawful. Be good – be social – stay private!
Table of contents
- Consent and acceptance
- Intellectual property rights and ownership
- Your rights
- Your obligations and responsibilities
- Rights and obligations of Idka
- Changes to terms and policies
- Limitation of liability
- Disputes and legal venue
10.1 Governing law and legal venue
10.2 Dispute resolution
- Indemnification of Idka
- Entire agreement and severability
In order to create an account and use the Service, you will have to consent to the Terms. The Terms apply to any use of the Service and the Website.
By accessing the Service and the Website, you agree to become a user (“User”) for as long as you use the Service and/or your account exists.
Acceptance is done electronically as part of the process of creating an account and becoming a User. Idka may change the Terms at any time, in accordance with the procedures set forth in Section 9.
You can always access applicable and updated policies and terms via the link at the bottom of the Website.
Our intellectual property philosophy is simple: You own your own content, and we own ours.
Therefore, all information, content, services and software displayed on, transmitted through, or used in connection with the Service and the Website such as articles, guides, text, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips, video, html, source and object code, trademarks, logos, and the like (the “Content”), as well as its selection and arrangement, will remain the exclusive property of Idka. This does not supersede the right to download or print single copies for your own private use in accordance with Swedish copyright laws.
The intellectual property rights to any shared digital resources remain with the User that created or uploaded the material. Any intellectual property rights to any digital resources such as posts, chats, texts, photos, videos, files, etc. created on or uploaded to the Service remain unchanged and rest with the person that uploaded or created the digital resource as it is, provided however that Idka and the Service are given the rights necessary to manipulate and manage the digital resources in order to provide the Service and provide functionality such as, but not limited to, encryption and “in-service” content search.
We do not acquire any other rights to information that you have uploaded, stored or created on the Service, and such digital assets are not part of the Content.
The foundation of Idka is privacy. Your privacy is important to us – and this is for real.
Therefore, Idka does not cause, prompt or promote dissemination or sharing of your Idka account or any of your content or data, whether it is posts, chats, files, photos, videos, metadata or any other material.
Any sharing is, and will be User-initiated, and Idka will only provide you with the functionality to, by an intended act, share your content. With the exception of what is necessary to provide functionality to the User (for instance content search functions, login and account switching, account and service administration and encryption services) Idka does not read, access, scan or acquire knowledge about the information uploaded, shared or communicated, nor know what actions Users are taking or have any control over such Users and their actions. This applies both online and offline.
Idka does not ask for shared or part ownership in or to your data, nor any form of IP license (shared intellectual property rights) on your data. Idka does not need to do this, because we will not use your information and content for any commercial or other purpose. We rely on our subscription income only.
Idka and/or our affiliated companies (collectively included under the term Idka) provides the Service and the Website “as-is” and “as available”.
Idka is not responsible nor liable for any distasteful, inappropriate, offensive, obscene, explicit, X-rated, unlawful or objectionable content or information you may come across on the Service or the Website, nor for any action or conduct by Users whether it be online or offline, to the extent permitted by law.
Idka makes no representations or warranties of any kind as to the Service and the Website, its functionality and/or the content thereof, such as the availability of the Service and/or Website on any platform for access and use, nor against loss of data whether in transit or in storage. In particular, Idka expressly disclaims all warranties and representation in respect of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, completeness, integrity or non-infringement. Idka does not guarantee nor promise any specific results from use of the Service and the Website.
Features, functions and appearances may change or be removed at any time as a result of improvements, maintenance, or for any other reason. While we will try keep your information, data and files of any kind safe and intact when you use the Service in accordance with the Terms, there is no guarantee that we will be able to so.
The Website may contain links to other websites. Idka is not responsible for any links or linked-to content and such websites are in no way investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by Idka. Inclusion of any linked website on the Website does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by Idka.
Idka assumes no responsibility for any technical malfunction of any communication network or lines, computer systems or equipment, servers or providers, software, failure of any email or other functions, used directly or indirectly by the User or Idka. Neither is Idka responsible for or can in any way be made liable for any omissions, interruptions, deletions or corruption of data in storage and under transmission, defects, delays in operation or transmission or communications failure of the Service and the Website.
We may discontinue the service due to lack of funds or resources, we may be the target of attacks and intrusions, be mandated by laws and regulations or competent courts to shut down, alter or remove parts or the whole of the service. We promise to help, protect and notify our users in such situations to the best of our abilities, but we do not assume any responsibility or accept any liability for such events, interruptions or occurrences, including any third-party, follow-on implications, damage, harm, impairment, destruction, loss or cost, unless, and then to the minimum extent, mandated by applicable laws and regulations.
Under no circumstance shall Idka be responsible for any loss or damage, including loss of data, resulting from use of the Service, the Website or any associated services, attendance at an event organized through the Website or the services, from any content posted on or through the Service or the Website, nor from the conduct of any Users of the Service or the Website, whether online or offline and irrespective of platform.
The Service may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for any links or linked-to content and such websites are in no way investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by us. Inclusion of any linked service on the Service does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by Idka.
Idka does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked service. Idka cannot and does not authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked service. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked service.
For sake of clarity, any link entered, uploaded or otherwise accessible through User-entered information in any form, is the responsibility of the User exclusively.
As a User, you have the following rights with respect to the Service:
- The right to be forgotten. You may at any time delete any materials you have uploaded and delete your Account, in which case all the information stored on the Account will be deleted completely and in full
- The right to close and delete an Account at will
- The right to see and access all and any personal information that the Service stores in relation to you and your Account, and amend or correct such information
- The right to be exempt from social or personal profiling. No User will be subject to data analysis, profile compilation, preference mapping or the like; nor will User be subject to the sale of any such information to any third party. The Service retains the right to use anonymous information on user patterns, resource consumption and the like in order to manage and operate the Service in the most effective manner
- The right to download any digital resource that has been uploaded and is related to your Account at any time
- The right to delete any digital resources that is stored in or linked to your profile at any time. Any such deletion shall be in full and “forever”, provided however, that some information may be temporarily stored for the sole purpose of back-ups to ensure operational quality
As a User of the Service, you commit to abiding by the following:
- Upon commencement of use, register an account (the “Account”) with the Idka Service using complete and truthful information in respect of your natural or legal person; and when relevant update such information. For paid services, you shall provide complete and truthful information so that uninterrupted payments may take place. See Payment terms. Specifically, you will:
- Not provide false or misleading information about yourself to Idka
- Not create an account for anyone else without their explicit permission, nor transfer an account
- Not create an account with a name or use a handle that is the same as or similar to a name rightfully used, owned or controlled by someone else, i.e. registered trademarks, domains or company names without the full right to do so
- Accept that your Account may be suspended, closed or permanently deleted by Idka if the Terms are violated in the opinion of Idka, or as a result of a decree, injunction or order by a competent court of law or similar authority. Such closure shall not under any circumstances be the basis for any claim, pecuniary or otherwise, against Idka
- Not create a new account if your Account is suspended, closed or deleted by Idka in accordance with these Terms
- Not write, upload, store, share or otherwise include material, files, photos, videos, statements and other content that you do not have the right to use in such manner, or that contains anything which is unlawful under the laws of Sweden or under a jurisdiction that may apply to you as a User based on your location or status. Such prohibited and proscribed materials include but are not limited to:
- Unlawful pornographic materials of any kind, including without restriction child pornography
- Materials or statements that constitute unlawful utterances, statements, expressions or remarks, whether in respect of libel, privacy, unlawful discrimination or racism, sexism or otherwise
- Incitement of any kind in respect of actions to undertake anything unlawful or malicious; or to unlawfully discriminate based on ethnicity, race, sex, gender or otherwise; or use hateful or threatening language or statements; nor bully or torment any other person or group of persons
- Commercial advertising of any kind or type, and specifically any unlawful multi-level marketing or similar activities
- Unlawful programming or malicious code, whether as source code or executables, including but not limited to viruses, malware, adware and the like; or code that is protected against your use on Idka by way of copyright or other IPR protection
- As a User, you will use the Service for its intended purpose, and refrain from:
- Using an Account for commercial purposes or to promote or conduct transactions of any kind, specifically included but not limited to securities, financial instruments or any derivatives thereof and banned substances and goods
- Using an Account that is not lawfully yours; or try to solicit or entice anyone to divulge or share login or account information from or belonging to another User; or spread any such information
- Using automated methods and means (such as bots, robots, spider, data scrapers) to access and use the Service, provided however, that Idka may provide API’s for permitted use
- Collecting, assembling, copying, manipulating or using other Users content in contravention of the Terms and the intended use of the owner of any such content; to the extent this is reasonably apparent
- Overloading the Service, interrupting or stopping the normal function of the Site or changing the Service’ appearance in any way or manner or assist others in doing so
- Uploading or posting text or messages, or where applicable sound and video, that are unintelligible, or otherwise inconsistent with the purposes of Idka and/or are repetitive or constitutes spamming
- Uploading, posting or otherwise disseminating any identification documents or other sensitive personal information relating to yourself or any other User or person
- Helping, assisting, facilitating, encouraging or otherwise cause any violations of the Terms and the policies of the Service
Any user acting contrary to Terms may be temporarily or permanently excluded from the use of the Service, without any liability what-so-ever to Idka.
If you, as User, discover, learn or obtain information on improper use of the Service or the Website, representing a violation of these Terms by another User or person, we ask you to report this via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Idka undertakes to use best efforts, taking into account the resources available, to provide the Service and access to the Website on an uninterrupted and ongoing basis, to protect your data from loss and corruption, as well as unauthorized access or use and to protect your communications and privacy.
Idka undertakes not to knowingly, willingly or intentionally:
- Expose your Account, your name or other information related to your Account to other services, such as external search services, partners, advertisers, crawlers, bots and the like
- Cause, prompt or promote dissemination or sharing of your content, whether it is posts, chats, files, photos, videos or any other material, but solely provide the User with functionality to, as an intended and conscious act, initiate limited sharing with directly identified parties
- Place or link any advertising on your Profile page, your posts, notes, trails or communications, save for promoting Idka, the Service and the Website itself
- Sell or in any way commercially exploit content uploaded to the Service and the Website, including User profiles and information as well as parts of communications
- Let any 3rd party gain access to or use the information without User’s express permission
Idka undertakes to use best efforts, taking into account the resources available to:
- Safeguard and keep private and confidential to you uploaded content, created content and your communications on the Service and the Website. In doing so, Idka is employing techniques such as encryption and other safeguards, provided however, that such safeguards are not fail-proof and that Idka may implement the various safeguards only on parts of the Service or not continuously or with intended or unintended interruptions
- Keep the Service bug-free, safe and secure, but you use the Service and access the Website at your own risk. We do not guarantee that the Service will be bug-free, safe, secure and always available
The opinions or views expressed on the Service, including, but not limited to blogs, posts, chats, video or sound, represent the thoughts of individual Users and the online communities and not Idka, Idka’s respective directors, officers, employees, staff or members of its respective board of directors.
The opinions and views expressed on the Service(s) do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with the site, nor the Idka staff involved with maintaining the site or any members of the site.
The Company holds no viewpoints on any political or other issue, nor does it endorse or support any causes, activities and/or persons or associations of whatever kind.
The undertakings are limited to best efforts, and the User is expressly informed of and directed to read Section 4 “Disclaimer” and Section 9 “Limitation of liability”.
We may amend, restate and revise these Terms and Conditions and any applicable policy without restrictions, provided:
- You are informed of the change via email or a statement appearing on the Website, in the form of a broadcast, a prompt at login or during use of the Service or similar explicit fashion (a “Notice”) with a link to the relevant amended, restated or revised Terms and/or policies
- The amended, restated or revised Terms and/or policies dose not enter into force until 5 days after Notice is given
- Should you have any objections or reservation with respect to the amended, restated or revised Terms and/or policies, you shall, in observance of Section 1, without any undue delay, delete your Account, provided that you have the opportunity to download any content rightfully belonging to you within 10 days of the Notice. Continued use the Service or the Website thereafter, constitutes an acceptance of the amended, restated or revised Terms and/or policies
Idka will not be liable for any lost profits or other consequential, special, direct, indirect, or incidental damage arising out of or in connection with these Terms, the Service or the Website.
In any event, the aggregated liability shall not exceed the amount paid to Idka for the Service during the last 6 months or, where such limitation is not permitted by law, limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
The execution, interpretation, construction and performance of the Terms shall be governed by the laws of Sweden, without regard to the conflicts of law rules thereof.
Any demand, appeal, request or claim, cause of action or dispute you have with Idka arising out of or pertaining to the use of the Service and the Website and these Terms shall be settled exclusively in Stockholm, Sweden and under Swedish law by any such competent court as determined by Swedish laws.
If a claim of any kind is brought against Idka related to or based on your actions, your Account or your use of the Service or Website, including the content of information uploaded or in any way stated, expressed or shared on the Service of the Website, you will hold Idka harmless from and against all expenses (including reasonable legal and expert fees), losses, damages and indirect losses arising from the claim.
As User, you release Idka and Idka’s directors, officers, employees, agents and affiliates from any claims and damages, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any claim you have against any such third parties.
The Terms make up the entire agreement between the parties regarding Idka, the Service and the Website, and supersedes any prior Terms and Conditions or agreements.
Any consent by any party to, or waiver of, a breach by the other, whether express or implied, shall not constitute consent to, or a waiver of any other, different or subsequent breach. If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any individual amendment to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
The provisions of these Terms shall be deemed severable. If any provisions are held unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, it shall be severed from the remaining terms of these Terms. The remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
All of our rights and obligations under these Terms are freely transferable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
You can and will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else.
You will comply with applicable laws when using Idka. Nothing in these Terms nor any of our undertakings, shall prevent Idka from complying with any applicable law.
Idka reserves all rights not expressly granted to you.
be social, stay private®